The Spring Framework is a major open source application developmentframework that makes Java/J2EE(TM) development easier and moreproductive. This book shows you not only what Spring can do butwhy, explaining its functionality and motivation to help you useall parts of the framework to develop successfulapplications.
You will be guided through all the Spring features and see how theyform a coherent whole. In turn, this will help you understand therationale for Spring's approach, when to use Spring, and how tofollow best practices. All this is illustrated with a completesample application. When you finish the book, you will be wellequipped to use Spring effectively in everything from simple Webapplications to complex enterprise applications.
What you will learn from this book
* The core Inversion of Control container and the concept ofDependency Injection
* Spring's Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) framework and why AOPis important in J2EE development
* How to use Spring's programmatic and declarative transactionmanagement services effectively
* Ways to access data using Spring's JDBC functionality, iBATIS SQLMaps, Hibernate, and other O/R mapping frameworks
* Spring services for accessing and implementing EJBs
* Spring's remoting framework
Who this book is for
This book is for Java/J2EE architects and developers who want togain a deeper knowledge of the Spring Framework and use iteffectively.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by workingprogrammers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.