An accessible guide to the main reasons pumps fail--and whatcan be done about it
Workhorses in many different industries, including the oilindustry, water industry, chemical industry, food industry, andpharmaceutical industry to name a few, pumps are a vitalcontributor to maintaining and increasing the flow of production.In fact, the pump industry itself is a multi-billion dollar globalbusiness.
Taking the unique approach of addressing both pump operators andpump designers, Pump Wisdom explains the causes of failure incentrifugal pump function--whether it's pump selection,overlooked installation criteria, or the accumulation of smalldeviations--and maps out remedies with well defined methodsthat target specific issues, rather than focusing on technicalgeneralities and theory. Clearly written and concise, Pump Wisdomrelies on proven tactics for reducing pump vulnerabilities andcorrecting imbalances between hydraulic assembly and mechanicalassembly. In addition, it supplies sound tips for detecting andrectifying risky shortcuts taken by pump designers andmanufacturers. Pump Wisdom also:
* Provides a concise explanation of how pumps function
* Details the specifications to be considered when purchasing apump
* Provides tips on the installation of centrifugal pumps inprocess plants
* Written in concise language that avoids excessive mathematicaltreatment
* Explains pump hydraulics in easy to understand terms
* Emphasizes the mechanical aspects of pumps with coverage onbearings, seals, impeller trimming, lubricant application,lubricant types, and more
Pump Wisdom sheds light on the techniques for stabilizing pumpperformance and maximizing pump efficiency. Its concise formatallows readers to strike directly at the heart of theproblem--and helps them devise strategies to prevent costlyfailures before they occur.