Radio Propagation and Adaptive Antennas for WirelessCommunication Networks, 2nd Edition, presents a comprehensiveoverview of wireless communication system design, including thelatest updates to considerations of over-the-terrain, atmospheric,and ionospheric communication channels. New features include thelatest experimentally-verified stochastic approach, based onseveral multi-parametric models; all-new chapters on wirelessnetwork fundamentals, advanced technologies, and current and modernmultiple access networks; and helpful problem sets at theconclusion of each chapter to enhance clarity. The volume'semphasis remains on a thorough examination of the role ofobstructions on the corresponding propagation phenomena thatinfluence the transmission of radio signals through line-of-sight(LOS) and non-line-of-sight (NLOS) propagation conditions along theradio path between the transmitter and the receiverantennas--and how adaptive antennas, used at the linkterminals, can be used to minimize the deleterious effects of suchobstructions. With its focus on 3G, 4G, MIMO, and the latestwireless technologies, Radio Propagation and Adaptive Antennasfor Wireless Communication Networks represents an invaluableresource to topics critical to the design of contemporary wirelesscommunication systems.
* Explores novel wireless networks beyond 3G, and advanced 4Gtechnologies, such as MIMO, via propagation phenomena and thefundamentals of adapted antenna usage.
* Explains how adaptive antennas can improve GoS and QoS for anywireless channel, with specific examples and applications in land,aircraft and satellite communications.
* Introduces new stochastic approach based on severalmulti-parametric models describing various terrestrial scenarios,which have been experimentally verified in different environmentalconditions
* New chapters on fundamentals of wireless networks, cellular andnon-cellular, multiple access networks, new applications ofadaptive antennas for positioning, and localization ofsubscribers
* Includes the addition of problem sets at the end of chaptersdescribing fundamental aspects of wireless communication andantennas.