The essential guide to getting started with the Raspberry Pi®
The Raspberry Pi has been a success beyond the dream of itscreators. Their goal, to encourage a new generation of computerprogrammers who understand how computers work, is well underway.
Raspberry Pi User Guide 2e is the newest edition of the runawaybestseller written by the Pi's co-creator, Eben Upton, andtech writer Gareth Halfacree. It contains everything you need toknow to get the Pi up and running, including how to:
* Connect a keyboard, mouse, monitor and other peripherals
* Install software and configure your Raspberry Pi
* Master basic Linux system administration
* Set up your Raspberry Pi as a productivity machine, multimediacentre, or web server
* Write programmes in Scratch and Python
* Use the GPIO port and add-on boards to connect your RaspberryPi for use in electronics projects
Updated to cover the release of the Camera Board, theintroduction of the Pi Store, NOOBS and much more, Raspberry PiUser Guide 2nd edition is the perfect companion forgetting the most out of the computing phenomenon, the RaspberryPi.
Eben Upton is the co-creator of the Raspberry Pi board and thefounder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Gareth Halfacree is a freelance technology journalist, open sourceadvocate and erstwhile sysadmin.