Praise for the Second Edition:
"This book [is for] anyone who would like a good, solidunderstanding of response surface methodology. The book is easy toread, easy to understand, and very applicable. The examples areexcellent and facilitate learning of the concepts andmethods."
--Journal of Quality Technology
Complete with updates that capture the important advances in thefield of experimental design, Response Surface Methodology,Third Edition successfully provides a basic foundation forunderstanding and implementing response surface methodology (RSM)in modern applications. The book continues to outline the essentialstatistical experimental design fundamentals, regression modelingtechniques, and elementary optimization methods that are needed tofit a response surface model from experimental data. With itswealth of new examples and use of the most up-to-date softwarepackages, this book serves as a complete and modern introduction toRSM and its uses across scientific and industrial research.
This new edition maintains its accessible approach to RSM, withcoverage of classical and modern response surface designs. Numerousnew developments in RSM are also treated in full, including optimaldesigns for RSM, robust design, methods for design evaluation, andexperiments with restrictions on randomization as well as theexpanded integration of these concepts into computer software.Additional features of the Third Edition include:
* Inclusion of split-plot designs in discussion of two-levelfactorial designs, two-level fractional factorial designs, steepestascent, and second-order models
* A new section on the Hoke design for second-order responsesurfaces
* New material on experiments with computer models
* Updated optimization techniques useful in RSM, includingmultiple responses
* Thorough treatment of presented examples and experiments usingJMP 7, Design-Expert Version 7, and SAS software packages
* Revised and new exercises at the end of each chapter
* An extensive references section, directing the reader to themost current RSM research
Assuming only a fundamental background in statistical models andmatrix algebra, Response Surface Methodology, Third Editionis an ideal book for statistics, engineering, and physical sciencescourses at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is alsoa valuable reference for applied statisticians and practicingengineers.