Face it, being a rock guitarist is just about the coolest thing youcan be - next to a secret agent with a black belt inkarate. But even if you were a butt-kicking international person ofmystery, playing rock guitar would still be cooler because itinvolves art, passion, power, poetry, and the ability to move anaudience of listeners. Whether "moving your listeners" means mowingdown crowd surfers with your power chords or making the audiencecry with your sensitive melodies, no other musical instrumentallows you so much versatility.
Whatever rocks your world, Rock Guitar For Dummies canhelp you bring that message out through your fingers and onto thatelectric guitar that's slung over your shoulder. If you're abeginner, you'll discover what you need to know to start playingimmediately, without drowning in complicated music theory. Ifyou've been playing for a while, you can pick up some tips to helpimprove your playing and move to the next level.
Here's a sampling of the topics covered in Rock Guitar ForDummies:
* How electric guitars and amplifiers work
* Choosing the right guitar and amp for you, and how to care forthem
* Left-hand and right-hand guitar techniques
* The different styles of rock guitar playing
* Creating great riffs
* The history of rock guitar
* Buying accessories for your new toy
* Top Ten lists of the guitarists you should listen to, the rockalbums you must have, and the classic guitars you should knowabout
Rock Guitar For Dummies also comes with a CD thatincludes audio of every example shown in the book, plus play-alongtracks with a band.
So, if you consider yourself an air guitar virtuoso and wouldlike to try the real thing, Rock Guitar For Dummies can helpyou on your way to becoming an accomplished guitarist.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials arenot included as part of eBook file.