Now thoroughly updated to reflect the latest debates, this populartextbook introduces readers to the central questions in the fieldof science and religion. Ideally suited to those who have little orno prior knowledge in either area, it incorporates numerousstudent-friendly features, including maps, summaries, andhistorical references, resulting in the most up-to-dateintroduction to the study of religion and the natural sciencesavailable.
* Examines the historical, theological, philosophical andscientific aspects of the interaction between religion andscience
* Fully updated to reflect current, cutting-edge debates onscientific atheism and the limits of scientific method, anddiscussions about the relationship between science and religion inmajor world faiths
* Includes a historical component to enable readers to orientatethemselves within the subject
* Takes a topic based approach which fits into the existingstructure of most courses, and includes explanatory material notfound in other works of this kind, making it highly accessible forthose with little scientific or religious background knowledge
* Incorporates illustrations, tables, maps, summaries andquestions for a lively and engaging approach to the subject
* Written by world-renowned theologian, Alister McGrath; authorof bestselling books such as Dawkins' God, and anacknowledged expert in the field of science and religion