A state-of-art guide on the interdisciplinary aspects of design,chemistry, and physical properties of bio-inspired self-healingpolymers
Inspired by the natural self-healing properties that exist inliving organisms--for example, the regenerative ability ofhumans to heal from cuts and broken bones--interest inself-healing materials is gaining more and more attention.Addressing the broad advances being made in this emerging science,Self-Healing Polymers and Polymer Composites incorporatesfundamentals, theory, design, fabrication, characterization, andapplication of self-healing polymers and polymer composites todescribe how to prepare self-healing polymeric materials, how toincrease the speed of crack repair below room temperature, and howto broaden the spectrum of healing agent species.
Some of the information readers will discover in this bookinclude:
* Focus on engineering aspects and theoretical backgrounds ofsmart materials
* The systematic route for developing techniques and materials toadvance the research and applications of self-healing polymers
* Integration of existing techniques and introduction of novelsynthetic approaches and target-oriented materials design andfabrication
* Techniques for characterizing the healing process of polymersand applications of self-healing polymers and polymercomposites
* Practical aspects of self-healing technology in variousindustrial fields, such as electronics, automotive, construction,chemical production, and engineering
With this book, readers will have a comprehensive understandingof this emerging field, while new researchers will understand theframework necessary for innovating new self-healing solutions.