To know a Shih Tzu is to love a Shih Tzu. they'reirresistible, coy, flirtatious, and passionately devotedcompanions. They love the good life, and though they can be shrewd(or selectively deaf, or consciously naïve), the Shih Tzu isso endearing that even "big dog" lovers find themselvesswooning over this adorable breed. But is the Chinese Charmer theright match for you? Shih Tzu for Dummies answers all ofyour questions, like:
* What is a Shih Tzu really like?
* Can I get a Shih Tzu if I have children or other pets?
* How difficult is grooming? Can I do it myself or should I get aprofessional?
* How do I find a good breeder? What about a good vet?
* What should my Shih Tzu eat?
* Do small dogs really need that much training?
* How can I teach my Shih Tzu some basic commands?
The Shih Tzu is built for one job and one job alone: to be yourclose personal friend for life. A dog bred for companionship mustbe allowed to do its job, and its job is to be with you. So, if youhave the time (for grooming), dedication (for training), and room(on your lap and in your heart), the Shih Tzu is a small dog with alot of love just waiting for a new best friend.