A new edition of the market-leading guide to signage and wayfinding design
This new edition of Signage and Wayfinding Design: A Complete Guide to Creating Environmental Graphic Design Systems has been fully updated to offer you the latest, most comprehensive coverage of the environmental design process--from research and design development to project execution. Utilizing a cross-disciplinary approach that makes the information relevant to architects, interior designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, and industrial designers alike, the book arms you with the skills needed to apply a standard, proven design process to large and small projects in an efficient and systematic manner.
Environmental graphic design is the development of a visually cohesive graphic communication system for a given site within the built environment. Increasingly recognized as a contributor to well-being, safety, and security, EGD also extends and reinforces the brand experience. Signage and Wayfinding Design provides you with Chris Calori's proven "Signage Pyramid" method, which makes solving complex design problems in a comprehensive signage program easier than ever before.
* Features full-color design throughout with 100+ new images from real-world projects
* Provides an in-depth view of design thinking applied to the EGD process
* Explains the holistic development of sign information, graphic, and hardware systems.
* Outlines the latest sign material, lighting, graphic application, and digital communication technologies
* Highlights code and updated ADA considerations
If you're a design professional tasked with communicating meaningful information in the built environment, this vital resource has you covered.