The only reference to provide both current and thorough coverage ofthis important analytical technique
Static headspace-gas chromatography (HS-GC) is an indispensabletechnique for analyzing volatile organic compounds, enabling theanalyst to assay a variety of sample matrices while avoiding thecostly and time-consuming preparation involved with traditionalGC.
Static Headspace-Gas Chromatography: Theory and Practice has longbeen the only reference to provide in-depth coverage of this methodof analysis. The Second Edition has been thoroughly updated toreflect the most recent developments and practices, and alsoincludes coverage of solid-phase microextraction (SPME) and thepurge-and-trap technique. Chapters cover:
* Principles of static and dynamic headspace analysis, includingthe evolution of HS-GC methods and regulatory methods using staticHS-GC
* Basic theory of headspace analysis-physicochemical relationships,sensitivity, and the principles of multiple headspaceextraction
* HS-GC techniques-vials, cleaning, caps, sample volume,enrichment, and cryogenic techniques
* Sample handling
* Cryogenic HS-GC
* Method development in HS-GC
* Nonequilibrium static headspace analysis
* Determination of physicochemical functions such as vaporpressures, activity coefficients, and more
Comprehensive and focused, Static Headspace-Gas Chromatography,Second Edition provides an excellent resource to help the readerachieve optimal chromatographic results. Practical examples withoriginal data help readers to master determinations in a widevariety of areas, such as forensic, environmental, pharmaceutical,and industrial applications.