Hands-on guidance for creating competitive advantages throughstrategy realization
How can your supply chain create competitive advantages and helpachieve business goals? Drawing from the author's abundant researchand analysis, this resourceful book shows how aligning the supplychain design with business strategy helps build competitivecapabilities, prioritize capital investments, and takes your firmbeyond the industry best-practices to create competitiveadvantages, not just competitive parity. Summarizing the currentliterature on business and supply chain strategies, this bookprovides path-breaking new direction to build your own winningsupply chain strategy. Real-life cases show how this strategyalignment has produced results for the most successful companiesand how it can be achieved in your firm.
* An overview of the concepts of business strategy, the currentthinking on supply chain strategy and why it is inadequate to drivecompetitive advantage through supply chain design
* Process for establishing your own supply chain strategy tobuild competitive advantage
* The place of technology in creating business capabilities inmodern corporations and why managing technology should be a corecompetence and an integral part of strategy planning
* Step-by-step direction and examples for creating strategyalignment and designing a supply chain that goes beyond supportingyour operations
* Case studies including Wal-mart, Cemex, Kmart, HP, Dell, andothers
Consolidating the lessons learned along with implementationguidance, Supply Chain as Strategic Asset is the must-readroad map for designing a supply chain that will be vital inachieving your business goals.