Praise for the First Edition:
"The book makes a valuable contribution by synthesizing currentresearch and identifying areas for future investigation for eachaspect of the survey process."
--Journal of the American Statistical Association
"Overall, the high quality of the text material is matched bythe quality of writing."
--Public Opinion Quarterly
". it should find an audience everywhere surveys are beingconducted."
This new edition of Survey Methodology continues toprovide a state-of-the-science presentation of essential surveymethodology topics and techniques. The volume's six world-renownedauthors have updated this Second Edition to present newly emergingapproaches to survey research and provide more comprehensivecoverage of the major considerations in designing and conducting asample survey.
Key topics in survey methodology are clearly explained in thebook's chapters, with coverage including sampling frame evaluation,sample design, development of questionnaires, evaluation ofquestions, alternative modes of data collection, interviewing,nonresponse, post-collection processing of survey data, andpractices for maintaining scientific integrity. Acknowledging thegrowing advances in research and technology, the Second Editionfeatures:
* Updated explanations of sampling frame issues for mobiletelephone and web surveys
* New scientific insight on the relationship between nonresponserates and nonresponse errors
* Restructured discussion of ethical issues in survey research,emphasizing the growing research results on privacy, informedconsent, and confidentiality issues
* The latest research findings on effective questionnairedevelopment techniques
* The addition of 50% more exercises at the end of each chapter,illustrating basic principles of survey design
* An expanded FAQ chapter that addresses the concerns thataccompany newly established methods
Providing valuable and informative perspectives on the mostmodern methods in the field, Survey Methodology, SecondEdition is an ideal book for survey research courses at theupper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also anindispensable reference for practicing survey methodologists andany professional who employs survey research methods.