Now in a second edition, Biochemistry of InorganicPolyphosphates fills the need for an exhaustive resource oninorganic polyphosphate metabolism. The authors describe thestructure and properties of these compounds and presents acomparative analysis of the newest and traditional methods of theirextraction from cells. Distribution of polyphosphates in organisms,their localization in cells and tissues is also described.
* Comprehensive presentation of inorganic polyphosphatemetabolism
* Follows polyphosphates in cells of organisms from differentstages of evolution
* Presents methods for the analysis and study of polyP-dependentenzymes
* Comprehensive information on genetics, metabolism andbiotechnology of polyphosphates
* Textbook and reference work on all aspects ofpolyphosphates