Clinical skills are a fundamental aspect of nursing care ofchildren and young people. The Great OrmondStreet Hospital Manual of Children's Nursing Practices isan evidence-based manual of practical skills in children's nursingwhich builds on the extensive expertise developed at Great OrmondStreet Hospital. It encompasses all aspects of children'snursing from the most basic aspects of everyday practice toadvanced practice in high dependency and intensive care to providea comprehensive resource for all qualified nurses, students, andother health-care professionals involved in caring for children,both in the hospital and the community setting.
Children's and young people's nursing presents uniquechallenges. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual utilisesthe latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge toaddress these challenges, and provides the underlying theoryand evidence for nursing care of children. It provides adefinitive guide to clinical skills procedures in children's andyoung people's nursing which enables nurses working with childrenand young people to practice confidently and deliver clinicallyeffective family-centred care.
* Offers access to clinical procedures developed through theextensive expertise from Great Ormond Street Hospital
* Contains evidence-based recommendations for expertcare
* Encompasses all aspects of children's care
* Contains procedures guidelines students can rely on andeffectively use in practice following qualfication
* Highlights specific needs of neonates and adolescents
* Placed in the context of inter-disciplinary care of thechild
* Includes the rationale for each procedure - the 'why' as wellas 'how'
* Information presented in a similar way to The Royal MarsdenManual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - offering continuity tothose working in both adult and paediatric settings