This unique Handbook provides an in-depth overview of the themes and direction of science, technology, innovation, and public policy in an increasingly globalized world. Leading authorities discuss current debates, research issues, and prospects, and present a foundation for the development of global policy.
* Presents a state-of-the-art overview of science, technology, and innovation in the context of globalization and global policy
* Offers an accessible introduction for students, researchers, and policy makers in the fields of economics, sociology, political science, business studies, global studies, and international relations
* Addresses emerging issues and provides clear policy implications and analysis in each chapter
* Includes crucial coverage of the activities of established and emerging geographical areas
* Explores the ways in which reforms in intellectual property rights and world trade have been affected by the increasingly international flows of knowledge, technology, and innovation
* Examines major policy trends, including a significant shift toward private scientific research, and a heightened awareness amongst policy-makers of the economic and technological impact of scientific activity