Your money can change the world
The Impact Investor: Lessons in Leadership and Strategy forCollaborative Capitalism offers precise details on what,exactly, impact investing entails, embodied in the experiences andbest and proven practices of some of the world's most successfulimpact investors, across asset classes, geographies and areas ofimpact. The book discusses the parameters of impact investing inunprecedented detail and clarity, providing both context and toolsto those eager to engage in the generational shift in the wayfinance and business is being approached in the new era ofCollaborative Capitalism.
The book presents a simple thesis with clarity and conviction:"Impact investing can be done successfully. This is what successlooks like, and this is what it requires." With much-needed lessonsfor practitioners, the authors view impact investing as a harbingerof a new, more "multilingual" (cross-sector), transparent, andaccountable form of economic leadership.
The Impact Investor: Lessons in Leadership and Strategy forCollaborative Capitalism serves as a resource for a variety ofplayers in finance and business, including:
* Investors: It demonstrates not only the types of investmentswhich can be profitable and impactful, but also details bestpractices that, with roots in impact investing, will increasinglyplay a role in undergirding the success of all investmentstrategies.
* Wealth advisors/financial services professionals: Withunprecedented detail on the innovative structures and strategies ofimpact investing funds, the book provides guidance to financialinstitutions on how to incorporate these investments in clientportfolios.
* Foundations: The book explores the many catalytic andinnovative ways for for-profit and non-profit investors to partner,amplifying the potential social and environmental impacts ofphilanthropic spending and market-rate endowment investment.
* Business students: By including strategies for making soundimpact investments based on detailed case studies, it providesconcrete lessons and explores the skills required to enhanceprospects for success as a finance and business professional.
* Policy makers: Reinforcing the urgency of creating a supportiveand enabling environment for impact investing, the bookdemonstrates ways policy has already shaped the sector, andsuggests new ways for policymakers to support it.
* Corporate leaders: The book includes essential advice on theway business is and must be responding to a new generation ofMillennial clients and customers, with unique insights into a formof value creation that is inherently more collaborative andoutcomes-driven.