The Psycholinguistics of Bilingualism presents acomprehensive introduction to the foundations of bilingualism,covering language processing, language acquisition, cognitionand the bilingual brain.
* This thorough introduction to the psycholinguistics ofbilingualism is accessible to non-specialists with little previousexposure to the field
* Introduces students to the methodological approaches currentlyemployed in the field, including observation, experimentation,verbal and computational modelling, and brain imaging
* Examines spoken and written language processing, simultaneousand successive language acquisition, bilingual memory and cognitiveeffects, and neurolinguistic and neuro-computational models of thebilingual brain
* Written in an accessible style by two of the field'sleading researchers, together with contributions frominternationally-renowned scholars
* Featuring chapter-by-chapter research questions, this is anessential resource for those seeking insights into the bilingualmind and our current knowledge of the cognitive basis ofbilingualism