Biplots are a graphical method for simultaneously displaying two kinds of information; typically, the variables and sample units described by a multivariate data matrix or the items labelling the rows and columns of a two-way table. This book aims to popularize what is now seen to be a useful and reliable method for the visualization of multidimensional data associated with, for example, principal component analysis, canonical variate analysis, multidimensional scaling, multiplicative interaction and various types of correspondence analysis.
* Introduces theory and techniques which can be applied to problems from a variety of areas, including ecology, biostatistics, finance, demography and other social sciences.
* Provides novel techniques for the visualization of multidimensional data and includes data mining techniques.
* Uses applications from many fields including finance, biostatistics, ecology, demography.
* Looks at dealing with large data sets as well as smaller ones.
* Includes colour images, illustrating the graphical capabilities of the methods.
* Is supported by a Website featuring R code and datasets.
Researchers, practitioners and postgraduate students of statistics and the applied sciences will find this book a useful introduction to the possibilities of presenting data in informative ways.