Biplots are a graphical method for simultaneously displaying twokinds of information; typically, the variables and sample unitsdescribed by a multivariate data matrix or the items labelling therows and columns of a two-way table. This book aims to popularizewhat is now seen to be a useful and reliable method for thevisualization of multidimensional data associated with, forexample, principal component analysis, canonical variate analysis,multidimensional scaling, multiplicative interaction and varioustypes of correspondence analysis.
* Introduces theory and techniques which can be applied toproblems from a variety of areas, including ecology, biostatistics,finance, demography and other social sciences.
* Provides novel techniques for the visualization ofmultidimensional data and includes data mining techniques.
* Uses applications from many fields including finance,biostatistics, ecology, demography.
* Looks at dealing with large data sets as well as smallerones.
* Includes colour images, illustrating the graphicalcapabilities of the methods.
* Is supported by a Website featuring R code anddatasets.
Researchers, practitioners and postgraduate students ofstatistics and the applied sciences will find this book a usefulintroduction to the possibilities of presenting data in informativeways.