Describing the use of displays in microcontroller basedprojects, the author makes extensive use of real-world, testedprojects. The complete details of each project are given, includingthe full circuit diagram and source code. The author explains howto program microcontrollers (in C language) with LED, LCD and GLCDdisplays; and gives a brief theory about the operation, advantagesand disadvantages of each type of display.
* Covers topics such as: displaying text on LCDs, scrolling texton LCDs, displaying graphics on GLCDs, simple GLCD based games,environmental monitoring using GLCDs (e.g. temperaturedisplays)
* Uses C programming throughout the book - the basicprinciples of programming using C language and introductoryinformation about PIC microcontroller architecture will also beprovided
* Includes the highly popular PIC series of microcontrollersusing the medium range PIC18 family of microcontrollers in thebook.
* Provides a detailed explanation of Visual GLCD and Visual TFTwith examples.
* Companion website hosting program listings and data sheets
* Contains the extensive use of visual aids for designing LED,LCD and GLCD displays to help readers to understand the details ofprogramming the displays: screen-shots, tables, illustrations, andfigures, as well as end of chapter exercises
Using LEDs, LCDS, and GLCDs in MicrocontrollerProjects is an application oriented book providing anumber of design projects making it practical and accessible forelectrical & electronic engineering and computer engineeringsenior undergraduates and postgraduates. Practising engineersdesigning microcontroller based devices with LED, LCD or GLCDdisplays will also find the book of great use.