What's Good on TV? Understanding Ethics Through Televisionpresents an introduction to the basic theories and concepts ofmoral philosophy using concrete examples from classic andcontemporary television shows.
* Utilizes clear examples from popular contemporary and classictelevision shows, such as The Office, Law and Order,Star Trek and Family Guy, to illustrate complexphilosophical concepts
* Designed to be used as a stand-alone or supplementaryintroductory ethics text
* Features case studies, study questions, and suggestedreadings
* Episodes mentioned are from a wide variety of television shows,and are easily accessible
* Offers a balanced treatment of a number of controversialethical issues including environmental ethics, animal welfare,abortion, homosexuality, capital punishment, assisted suicide,censorship and the erosion of values
* Includes a companion website at http://whatsgoodontv.webs.com