New edition covers the latest practices, regulations, andalternative disinfectants
Since the publication of the Fourth Edition of White'sHandbook of Chlorination and Alternative Disinfectants morethan ten years ago, the water industry has made substantialadvances in their understanding and application of chlorine,hypochlorite, and alternative disinfectants for water andwastewater treatment. This Fifth Edition, with its extensiveupdates and revisions, reflects the current state of the science aswell as the latest practices.
Balancing theory with practice, the Fifth Edition coverssuch important topics as:
* Advances in the use of UV and ozone as disinfectants
* Alternative disinfectants such as chlorine dioxide, iodine, andbromine-related products
* Advanced oxidation processes for drinking water and wastewatertreatment
* New developments and information for the production and handlingof chlorine
* Latest regulations governing the use of differentdisinfectants
For each disinfectant, the book explains its chemistry,effectiveness, dosing, equipment, and system design requirements.Moreover, the advantages and disadvantages of each disinfectant areclearly set forth. References at the end of each chapter guidereaders to the primary literature for further investigation.
Authored and reviewed by leading experts in the field of waterand wastewater treatment, this Fifth Edition remains anideal reference for utilities, regulators, engineers, and plantoperators who need current information on the disinfection ofpotable water, wastewater, industrial water, and swimmingpools.