A must-read book for seniors who are eager to get started withWindows 8!
As one of the biggest and most highly anticipated technologyreleases, Windows 8 will be new territory to many PC users and mayrequire a generous learning curve. Windows 8 for the Older andWiser is an ideal guide for the senior computer user. Featuring anaccessible writing style, a full-colour layout, an easy-to-readfont, and a generous amount of screenshots, this resource coverseverything from mouse and keyboard basics to surfing theInternet.
No previous computing knowledge is assumed, so you get aneasygoing style that skips the technical jargon. A friendlystep-by-step approach helps you get through each topic, includingwhat the "windows" are in Windows and how they work, how tocustomise your Windows desktop, get digital photos from your camerato your PC, and much more.
* Details how to create, save, organise, and find files
* Reviews all the desktop background options, font sizes,widgets, colours, and more
* Addresses troubleshooting solutions to common problems
* Walks you through setting up and using e-mail
* Demonstrates how to use the Internet for news, shopping,travel, and more
* Helps you use programs, navigate menus, enlarge fonts andicons, set the screen for best visibility, and more
Windows 8 for the Older and Wiser is an easy-to-followguide for the senior market for making the most of Windows 8.