Are you a wannabe blogger? A seasoned pro migrating your blog toWordPress? Looking to do more cool stuff with your existingWordPress blog? Then this fun guide is for you! WordPress forDummies is a veritable smorgasbord of WordPress information,ideas, tools, resources, and instruction on everything you need tocreate and maintain your dream blog.
Unlike other blog hosts, WordPress gives you the ability tocreate a blog that is tailored to your own tastes and needs. Sure,the codes, tags, and terminology can seem a little intimidating atfirst, but WordPress for Dummies breaks it all down to showyou just how intuitive, friendly, and extensible the softwarereally is. This easy-to-follow guide shows you how to:
* Sign up for a free WordPress account
* Set up and use a hosted blog with WordPress.com
* Install and set up the WordPress.Org and WordPress.MU softwarefor single- and multi-user versions
* Find great themes, plugins, and consultants that will help youachieve JUST the kind of blog you want
* Use tags to work with WordPress templates
* Combat challenges with comments, trackback spam, and"splogs"
* Add special technologies to your blog, such as RSS feed,podcasting, vlogging, and photoblogging
* Find online support, tips, and resources for WordPresssoftware
Whether you want to keep family and friends updated on yourlatest adventures, post pictures of your new puppy, or communicateyour passion with millions of readers worldwide, WordPress forDummies is your passport to creating the kind of blog that willkeep your visitors coming back for more!